GALBANI® EGGPLANT NAPOLEON
||Japanese eggplants, each cut into 4 diagonal slices
||Extra virgin olive oil
||Garlic clove, minced
||Flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
||Red wine vinegar
|14 – 16 oz.
||Galbani Fresh Mozzarella balls or log, cut into thick slices
||Basil leaves, plus more for garnish
||Pine nuts, toasted
||Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt eggplant and place in colander to allow excess liquid to drain off.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, ½ cup of olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add eggplant and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Brush a cast-iron stovetop grill pan with a thin layer of olive oil. Place over medium-high heat.
- Grill eggplant until slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Vinaigrette: Put red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in remaining ¼ cup of olive oil in a steady stream.
- To build the napoleon, begin with a slice of eggplant, followed by a slice of Mozzarella, topped with a basil leaf. Repeat for a second layer.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and garnish with basil leaves. Scatter pine nuts around each napoleon and serve
©2022 Lactalis Foodservice. All rights reserved.