Galbani® Heirloom Caprese Ciabatta
||Ciabatta loaf (4–5 inches)
||Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
||Galbani Thin Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
||Heirloom beefsteak tomato, sliced
||Extra virgin olive oil
||Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Thinly slice the red onions, soak in cold water, then dry well with paper. Set aside.
- Slice ciabatta bread lengthwise and toast lightly.
- In a small bowl, combine basil and mayonnaise. Spread the mixture on the bottom half of the loaf.
- Alternate slices of Galbani Thin Sliced Fresh Mozzarella and tomato on top of bread, and garnish generously with red onion.
- Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil, and add a dash of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Top with the top half of ciabatta and serve.
©2021 Lactalis Foodservice. All rights reserved.